 General / 35070
Re: How does everyone else store?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:29:03 GMT

"Matthew Ferguson" <raptorraptor73@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GpLsF0.n0B@lugnet.com...
I was just curious as to how others stored their pieces and kept them
organized and tidy.  With my evergrowing collections I have to keep
expanding to new storage bins and reorganizing which gets to become a • hassle
sometimes.

Hi Matthew -
There's a whole group centered around discussing this.  lugnet.storage.  I
crossposted and set the followups to there.

I store in a variety of bin sizes, from the 1200pc tub (3033) size, to some
Sterilite shoebox sized bins, a few 60 drawer parts cabinets, and some Plano
and Bait Box tackle boxes.  I sort specialty parts by function and bricks
and plates by color.

I'm also expanding my storage as my colleciton grows, naturally.
'Graduating' several categories when they overflow to bigger units or
breaking down large categories further.

This is all for a collection estimated at 60,000 pieces.

-Tim