 General / 35071
Re: Why isn't there a newsgroup for Alpha Team?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:34:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jude Beaudin writes:
In lugnet.general, Alexander Johnston writes:
Is it simply considered to be part of the Town theme or is there another
reason why Alpha team doesn't have a newsgroup?

If memory serves, I believe Todd was sick of creating groups for every theme
that would only last a couple of years and not get much traffic.

Jude

You both are correct.  Todd thought that Alpha Team was too much like
town....(now it resembles a lot like the Aquanaut sets!!)
It isn't good to make a newsgroup that will eventually die off in a couple
years.  Plus, I think Todd thought (my opinion) that Alpha Team was too
faddish for any real growth...that it would hit the discontinuation phase
at Lego Company.

Benjamin Medinets