 General / 33763
  Re: Cleaning used Lego

I have a method that works well for "dirty/greasy" used LEGO... Soak the bricks in a solution of hot water and dishwashing detergent. Use one table spoon of detergent to one gallon of hot water. The water should not be too hot! If it hurts your (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Cleaning used Lego

I use the same method using a 5 gallon bucket. 1. 1-2 scoops (I use Electro sol DW crystals) in ~3 gallons of warm water. Mix thoroughly. 2. Add 2-3 gallons of LEGO, (after proper sorting of course) no more, or you will not have enough "stirring (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cleaning used Lego

(...) Believe me, printed bricks (other than some early ones) can absolutely safely be soaked. I have never had a printed brick be damaged, even when soaking for several weeks (yea, sometimes I get a bucket of LEGO soaking and then run out of time (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cleaning used Lego

(...) <snip> (...) The only thing I've found really detrimental to printed pieces is silly putty, which I briefly considered as a cleaning agent. Yes, it gets dust and grime off and is really cool for recreating scenes from the blob with your legos (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)