 General / 33133
33132  |  33134
Subject:
About the pending (inevitable) debates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:28:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tore Eriksson writes:
Ngggh, pfft, pfft mmph.

To Tore and all of the others either already debating or chomping at the bit
to do so,

No one is stopping the debate, that much is obvious. Neither can we or
should we. It's against the LUGNET ToU and human nature.

Yesterday I asked that the debate be quashed here at LUGNET due to the
enormity of the situation. I spent most of my day relaying the news here to
help those unable to access other news sources. Personally, I couldn't take
a bunch of debate filling the groups, possibly drawing me in there instead
of dealing with the news, and upsetting further the folks who were
attempting to cope with the greif of the day. It has been stated, even by a
cheif debator, that some time was needed...it's fairly obvious that for
many, that time has passed.

So, like Mark says, go ahead and debate to your hearts content...heck, I may
just join you at this point, lifting my self-imposed exile from this
particular costly passtime...BUT, in sympathy and respect for those who
would rather NOT see the usual vehement debate, PLEASE do keep it exclusive
to off-topic.debate, including the threads (start a new one if you must),
and the cross-posting (keep it there and no where else).

My 2¢.

Matt