 General / 31730
Re: Newest Members
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:21:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Medinets writes:
This may sound a little harsh, but I don't think some of you really understand
what it takes to maintain a board in general, and a world-wide based board
like this in particular....

I don't want to speak on behalf of Todd Lehman, but I am quite sure I read • that
he needed a break in some of the administration on Lugnet....its amazing that
he was able to run things almost single-handedly up to this point (really
until May)....and looks like he managed to find some help, especially with
the Cool site of the Week reviews....

I don't want to bash Lugnet either, but I haven't received my Lugnet
membership package....but I love this board and if it was needing some
additional financial support, I would donate it to the cause....

Seconded. I also noticed that when I joined I went through a process of joining
Pay Pal because they would pay five dollars towards the membership fee. When I
update my member profile, I see that I still owe $5. Has anyone else noticed
this? I will gladly pay the $5 if Pay Pal reneges.

Having said that, I am sure that sooner or later Todd will update the new
members (I had to wait 2 weeks for my membership to go into effect)....
and this shouldn't hinder you from joining.

Benjamin Medinets