 General / 30093

Subject:
Tips on cleaning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 02:25:43 GMT

Can anyone give me some tips on the best way to clean/wash your Legos?

Re: Tips on cleaning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 02:45:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Derek Kwong writes:
Can anyone give me some tips on the best way to clean/wash your Legos?

Clear Rubbermaid or Sterilite storage containers of any size will do.  Add
your 104 degree water with a mild soapy solution (I prefer Johnsons Baby
Bath ;), and I DO suggest you test the temp with a baby bath thermometer.
Add your desired LEGO to be washed and let it sit for a while (soak it for
at least ten minutes), move it around just a tiny bit to circulate water.
If your stuff is pretty dirty a rinse may help, so you will need a large
collander (like for pasta and salad washing), but make sure that the drain
holes are REAL small.  After the rinse, lay it out flat between two large
bath towels, or on one with a fan blowing cool air over them to dry.  If
dirt persists, gently scrub them with a soft bristle toothbrush.
DON'T wash elements with stickers or plastic sails in this way, as it will
ruin them!!!!
DO make sure that all LEGO is disassembled before washing.
Should work...
Best wishes!
-Aaron-

Re: Tips on cleaning