 General / 30093
  Tips on cleaning

Can anyone give me some tips on the best way to clean/wash your Legos? (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tips on cleaning

(...) Clear Rubbermaid or Sterilite storage containers of any size will do. Add your 104 degree water with a mild soapy solution (I prefer Johnsons Baby Bath ;), and I DO suggest you test the temp with a baby bath thermometer. Add your desired LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tips on cleaning

(...) < snip > I found the advice on an earlier Lugnet post: warm water (hot water distorts the base plates) and a little washing powder - the stuff you use for clothes! Leave to soak, swish it about a bit, then rinse a few times. (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tips on cleaning

This method has been posted on Lugnet several times before--if you really have stubborn stains that won't come off, even with repeated washing, try using BRASSO polish solution (this is typically used to polish metals and can be acquired easily from (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tips on cleaning

(...) This won't always work on non-printed pieces. Some stains can go all the way through the ABS, especially sun "fading" on white bricks. I have a stack of white parts at home that are permanently light tan (too light to match Lego tan, (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tips on cleaning

(...) Sounds like you have great "stone" pieces to make an old-looking rock wall :) -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tips on cleaning

One method I have heard of but have not yet attempted myself, is to put the pieces into a mesh bag (make sure the holes are too small for the tiny pieces like 1x1's, antennas, etc. to fit through!) and put it in the TOP RACK of a dishwasher with (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tips on cleaning

William R. Ward wrote in message ... (...) NOT the dishwasher - the water is too hot. Clothes washer is OK (use the "warm" setting) but be sure the bag your parts are in is STRONG. Believe me, picking 1000 or so parts out of the washer after the bag (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.general)