 General / 28763
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:27:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Petrucelli writes:
As an assistant Manager at KB I know for a fact that at least 40 percent of
the cost is retail markup.  TLC's profit margins are not that high unless
you go through Shop at Home.

Are you sure?

Yes.

No offense, but I find it difficult to believe.  What information is this based
on?  (That Lego's profit margins are below 40%.)

I would expect Lego's profit margins to retailers ARE in the
range of 30-50% (I think most manufacturing outfits make more like 75-100%,
correct? it's a high-margin business).

That is exactly why I belive the bulk tubs acuratley reflects the
difference in ONLY material cost between Mega Blocks and Lego.

Sorry, I don't follow from premises to conclusion...

Kevin