 General / 28545
Re: Will Kjeld sell?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:36:19 GMT

Eric,

What are Death Duties?

I would guess that they are like the estate tax. If you have
over x amount (I think your assets have to be over a million
dollars for the US federal estate tax) the government taxes
it at 55 or 60%, so effectively killing a lot of businesses,
etc. I would imagine Denmark has similar laws as well, so it
is a legitmate concern. A lot of busineees are weither sold,
distibuted, or broken up because of this.

I do not this is debate material or anything, just guessing
on what impact the Death Duties might be, which might in
turn destroy TLC.

Scott S.
--

Eric