 General / 28483
28482  |  28484
Subject:
Will Kjeld sell? was[Re: LEGO Company announces poor performance in year 2000]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:23:11 GMT

Anyone here have current news on this:

2000: from "200 Biggest Private Companies" in Forbes:

  http://www.forbes.com/global/2000/1127/0324165a.html

"Not all the companies on our list will be there next year. [...] Death and
taxes are often a private company's worst enemies. Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen,
master of the Lego toy group, has warned the Danish government that he may have
to sell the business if death duties aren't softened."

-Suz