 General / 23912
Re: New Partsref is pure bliss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:26:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Boger writes:
On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 01:36:32PM +0000, Heather Patey wrote:
I'd love to include more sets in there...  So anyone who has inventories
to add, just send me the files in that format, and I'll slip them in. :)

:)
You got it, Dan, stand by!  I don't have bag numbers (I doubt many do) so
I'll leave that blank... I've been putting descriptions of printing into • the
notes field (if the printed part isn't already LDrawn), is that OK?  What's
the file naming standard, just xxxx.txt?

This is great, I've been sitting on these files for a while now with • nothing
to do with them, and am very glad to get them published in a useful way.

the names should be xxxx.txt, but that part doesn't really matter.  The most
important thing is that you have LDRAW numbers for as many of the pieces as
possible...  since that's what the indexing is done by.  Otherwise, I won't
be able to add them to the system without doing all the lookups myself.
The notes defenitly can and should be used for printed pieces, etc...
As for the descriptions, I use the ldraw nameing convention (as weird as
it is, at least it's some sort of convention...), but I can write a script
that will fix that - as long as you have the ldraw piece number....

:)
No problem, I won't submit them without LDraw numbers, as far as I can figure
it out.  I do have some inventory entries that are multiple LDRaw pieces, such
as legs or turntables - how about I put in, say, "970 or 971 or 972" for a
standard legs piece, since that's the syntax Partsref needs to find them?  Or
should I split them up, or leave them blank?

Also: I notice Peeron.com has part numbers for some unLDrawn pieces.  Is there
a list of these somewhere that I can use?

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada