 General / 23665
Re: Help with part ? from 540, also FOTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 02:56:04 GMT

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:G39KC7.A6x@lugnet.com...

Mike Walsh wrote in message ...

[ ... snipped ... ]
I got one of these sets when I was a kid.  It was a special set and it
stayed in its own box.  I can't remember if I got in when I lived in the • US
or when I lived in Spain though (my dad was station at the US Naval Base • in
southern Spain for three years when I was a kid).

I do remember that I was somewhat dissapointed that the tree in the box • was
not the same tree that was on the cover.  Mine came with a round tree • like
this:  http://img.lugnet.com/ld/3470.gif  I still have mine, in fact, it • is
still assembled although I do need to locate the TV antenna as my son
wandered off with it at one point.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

The 540 set that I have is a US version from 1974. I really beleive that • the
pine tree came in the set, Mike got an egg tree and the box shows the old
tree. Is this possible?

Is the egg tree stiff? The abs used for the pine tree in this set feels • like
they used the regular brick abs. TRhe p-lastic they use for the pine trees
today is different than the bricks and is flexible. This pastic is almost
brittle it is so stiff.

Rose

Taking a quick look at it to give a diffinitive answer - hmm ... the tree is
not there either, must be with the antenna.  From my recollection mine is
very similar to the trees we get today, somewhat pliable.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com