 General / 19112
Re: Which buildings open up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 02:06:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
In my opinion, the SET tag was a bad idea for Todd to
implement, at least without converting it into a a proper HTML reference
for e-mail and news reading.

Huge agreement.

I think people are mistaking the purpose of it.  Its purpose was to make it
easy for someone to write set and part numbers with crude links where they
would otherwise have put only the set number; its purpose is not to make a
shortcut for a real DB URL, not is its purpose to give a link for people
reading via NNTP or SMTP.  It's an add-only thing:  If someone has an urge
to mention a set or part only by number, it's a painless way for them to
make it less painful for many other people.  If they don't have an urge to
limit a mention to only a number, it's moot because they'll mention it by
number and name or by DB URL.

--Todd