 General / 19108
Re: Which buildings open up?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 00:26:12 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:394A6141.33FA@mindspring.com...
Mookie wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Top one works in both web view and news reader. Bottom one ONLY works in
web view. In my opinion, the SET tag was a bad idea for Todd to
implement, at least without converting it into a a proper HTML reference
for e-mail and news reading.

I agree with Frank, I read with a news reader and find the <set:4554>
notation rather annoying.

Have any statistics ever been gathered on the number of users who read
through mail or news versus those who read via the web?  The majority of my
reading is done offline which a news reader handles much better.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh
http://www.nclug.net
The solution is for the server to convert the <set:xxx> notation on the
fly when it serves out the news into a url.