 General / 14668
Re: Acronym FAQ posted!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:46:56 GMT

Christian Gemuenden wrote:

IIRC, I have seen BURPMAN before, it's the name of the rock monster from
RRs, it means:

BURPMAN: Big Ugly Rock Person Made Annoyingly Nonmobile.

IMO, you should add it. I don't remember who created the name for this SPUD,
so LMK if I am wrong, but AFAIK it should be correct. It's not the FOTW
though...

D. Garcia coined the name but I supplied the meaning... see:

http://www.lugnet.com/reviews/?n=163

IBMers and exIBMers are acronym masters, we can make any word into an
acronym that has a domain specific meaning, if we want to.
--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!