 General / 13308
13307  |  13309
Subject:
Calling all FansOf CW lego (was Re: Civil War Theme)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.western, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:01:56 GMT

In lugnet.western, David Little writes:

Why don't we solve the problem and make our own, a series of WW/CW
lego pages, we could call it the:
(Echoing)
Lego War Between the States Webring.
or LWBSW (pronounced le-wub-swaa)
-John Rudy

That sounds like a great idea.  How do we start it?  Just let me know and I'm
all for it.  Who Else wants WW/CW lego pages?  I am thinking about buying a
bunch of the 6706  Frontier Patrol packs that I have spoted at the TRU and
painting the torso on them with gray shirts.  Is there anything that I should
know about when repainting figs?  What type of paint and that sort of thing? • I
know that there are people out there repainting figs into comic superheros and
such.  Any tips.  I will gladly listen.
Thanks
David

Sorry my reply took soooooo long, this discusion got out of hand.
I currently (in my WW set-up, mid 1870's for me) have
a left-over confederate.  I use drk grey legs, drk grey torso
(ADVENTURE's 1999 bad guy), a union soldier type face (stuble),
and a brown cowboy hat for lack of the new drk grey kepi (He could
be a texan during the latter parts of the war).  Because he is alone,
he is just another baddie, but an army, oh, MY bank account
couldn't cover that.  If we organize a WW/CW GROUP webpage (everyone's
MOCs) we would amass a impressive looking collection and if we
get enough CW response we could make it souly CW.