 General / 13224
Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:07:07 GMT

Ben Jackson wrote:

When you buy a set for parts (or multiple copies of it) do you always build at
least one of the actual model?  I may have just bought too many sets in the
last few weeks, but I don't really feel like building a 4561 (much less 4 of
them, although all the coaches together might be entertaining), or the R2D2
droid, or a couple of technic cars...

--Ben

Ben, all LEGO sets are merely parts packs for my building!

I have an obscene amount of the following that I have mostly1 never built:

6075 - 10  (Yellow Castle), never built a single one.
6382 - 5  (Fire Station), ditto.
760 - 35  (London Bus) only ever built one.
517 - 90 (Basic Set) not one.
455 - 20 (Lear Jet) not one.
725 - 7  (Basic Set) not one.
733 - 10 (Basic Set) not one.
720 - 10 (Basic Set) not one.
6380 - 5 (Emergency Treatment Center) not one.
6390 - 10  (Main Street) not one.

You folks are probably shaking your head in disbelief, but this may explain why I
don't much care too badly about whether the sets that come out every year are
really all that great or not.  I just want scarce pieces in new colors.

396 - 4 (Thatcher Perkins) Now these are so neat, that I've built every one.....
this is my favorite model set.

Gary Istok