 General / 11872
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 07:44:44 GMT

Brad Justus (legodirect@lego.com) wrote:
: To LEGO enthusiasts everywhere:
: We cannot tell you how excited we are to be working with you all. We hope you
: are equally encouraged by the renewed commitment we are making to you. We look
: forward to a very rewarding collaboration.

: Happy Holidays. And Play Well.

: – Brad

Brad,
As others have said, welcome.  A few points i'd like to add.  First
I agree that the availabliity of bricks, slopes, and plates in bulk would
be wonderful.  That's the core of Lego, and would enable great buildings.

The second point is I'd love to be able to get track for
discontinued lines such as 4.5V train, 12V train, and monorail.  WHile
9V track is available as packs of straghts, curves, and switches,
the older track is simply unavailable.  I've made quite an investment in
monorails.  I have 4 full sets and many accessory track sets.  What I really
want to buy is straight track!  Much as the window and door packs leave
people with too many doors, 6347 leaves me with too many curves.

Thanks for listening, and I hope to be able to do business
with your operation in the future.

-Bill Katz