 Gaming / BrikWars / 317
Re: The steampunk skiff 'Egregious'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:28:58 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
   Loosely inspired by some gorgeous SW Sail Barge MOCs on Brickshelf, NELUG’s latest [1] Brikwars game featured a steampunk skiff battle set above the desolate Kar’Zuba desert.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=261935 -Shaun

Wow! Very inpressive. Excellent details, weaponry and such.

This is also a great example in my book of how to use the two different browns together. The two different tones add so much to this.

Simply fabulous.

Best,

Jonathan

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   This is also a great example in my book of how to use the two different browns together. The two different tones add so much to this.

I agree. It became apparent very early on that I would send myself to the madhouse if I insisted on using a single color only - and that assumes that I even had the pieces I needed in the right color. When building the deck and hull I instead employed a philosophy of “grab the nearest piece needed as long as it’s brown, reddish-brown, or black”. I like the result - it looks a little ragtag or patchwork, but not enough to detract from the military bearing of the skiff (IMHO). Maybe I should dub the effect “lovingly worn”?

Thanks for the comments!

Shaun

Re: The steampunk skiff 'Egregious'
In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   This is also a great example in my book of how to use the two different browns together. The two different tones add so much to this.

I like the effect also. It became apparent very early on that I would send myself to the madhouse if I insisted on using a single color only - and that assumes that I even had the pieces I needed in the right color. When building the deck and hull I instead employed a philosophy of “grab the nearest piece needed as long as it’s brown, reddish-brown, or black”. IMHO the result looks a little ragtag or patchwork, but not enough to detract from the military bearing of the skiff. Maybe I should dub the effect “lovingly worn”?

Thanks for the comments!

Shaun