 Fun / Crafts / 10
9  |  11
Subject:
Minifig Faces Blizzard Conditions!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.belville, lugnet.fun.crafts
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 05:24:47 GMT

Here's something fun.

I set up my Arctic polybag (6626) in a reusable snowglobe. It all fit once I
shortened the model a little bit. The project was quick, materials cost just a
few bucks, and no LEGO was damaged. It looks pretty cool (pun intended). I only
wish the snow would keep swirling on its own (hmm, a LEGO robotic snowglobe
shaker?). You can check it out here:

http://www.baseplate.com/temp/arctic/

If you want to make one, I found the kit on sale at Amazon.com -- part of a
series of cheap plastic craft globes. The bases screw on, have rubber seals and
(amazingly) exactly accommodate round LEGO tiles (8x8?) with 4 top studs (as in
the 6815 Hovertron, or a BV/SCALA table top). The kits are available in green,
blue, red, dk orange, purple, and pink. Each comes with snow, colored glitter
and a bunch of stuff you probably won't want.

Hint for getting the air bubbles out:
Keep your entire model and globe submerged during final assembly.

pink   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IWBR/lugnet/
blue   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IVZF/lugnet/
gold   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IWBS/lugnet/
purple http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IVZG/lugnet/
green  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IWBQ/lugnet/
red    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IVZH/lugnet/

Belville fans:
Are you stuck with a lot of extra BV fairies? They could look lovely surrounded
by swirls of pink or purple glitter! that's what I'll be trying next.
:-)

-Suz.