 Events / LEGO World / 59
Re: motorized cars?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 19:08:29 GMT

In lugnet.town, Joe Strout wrote:
Has anyone done anything with motorized cars that drive around the town?
(I mean, anyone besides LegoLand!)

I've thought of a couple of vague ideas:

- magnets under the street that pull the cars along
- a slotted street that guides motorized cars
- robotic cars that follow the center line on the road
- street cars pulled back and forth by a string above the street

...but I'm not particularly happy with any of these.  Any other ideas or
experience to share?

JT already spoke of MichLTC's (actually, our resident wizard, Steve Ringe's)
work.

GMLTC had mine trucks that followed a chain drive underneath a baseplate/tile
layer, Magnets provided the connectivity.

Eric Brok had this same thing for shopping carts (trolleys for our UK friends)
in his supermarket shown at LEGOWorld 2003...

xpost to lugnet.trains (because, let's face it, all the GOOD town stuff is done
by hardcore Traniacs just as a background for trains to run against) and
lugnet.events.legoworld