 Events / Chicago House of Bricks / 62
Re: House of Bricks 2006 Report, or "That wasn't supposed to happen"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 11:39:18 GMT

In lugnet.events.houseofbricks, Joe Meno wrote:

   My camera became part of NXTcam...

Yeah, sorry I drove it off the table while destroying Felix’s castle with my robot.

   ...that was charged by Steve Hassenplug’s mouse NXT.

Steve has tried to portray this as my agressively hitting his front bumper with the side of my robot. Don’t listen to him. Watch the viedo:

http://www.bluerocketwriting.com/nxtbb.mov

He even does a victory dance over the corpse. Evil man... More video highlights when I get to editing them.

   Which leads to Sunday, the last duel of the NXTs with launchers(!)

Picture Jurassic Park being assaulted by three remote-control vehicles, a Zamor sphere launcher, and a soccerball-firing catapult.

   Many thanks go to Cersei of the convention (she’s the girl in the group pic) for helping to get things worked out...

...and keeping the vendors from killing us. The pirates got moved out of the vendors room because they were too obnoxious. I think we may have risen to that level as well, in which case maybe the next time we’ll be out with the pirates (“give’m a good Zamor broadside, me boys!”).

And deep thanks to you as well Joe, for organizing, playing, and severing as a target. If we had had any better a time I think it would have been illegal.

-- Brian Davis