 Events / BricksWest / 639
    Re: Transcript of Keynote —Alfred Speredelozzi
    (...) Isn't Syngress the evil publisher of the competing clone copy of Courtney's book? I went to the site hoping to find a discounted version of Virtual Lego. (Always looking for a bargain on something I know I am going to buy.) But I found "Lego (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: Transcript of Keynote —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Sorry for confusion. the Virtual Lego(r) book (which has a separate announcemenet, it's currently the top story on LUGNET(tm) is by No Starch Press(tm). the Power Tools book is by Syngress(tm). Hope that helps. still owe a corrected version of (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

         Re: Transcript of Keynote —Ahui Herrera
     (...) Note that the 25% off on the books was by both publishers and as far as I can tell (I was at BW03). The 25% off was for books SOLD during the event only. No Starch was taking pre-order for the LDraw Book (with FREE shipping) and Syngress had (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

         Re: Transcript of Keynote —Kevin Clague
     Ahui, Yup. I signed books. It was kinda neat. I also made a lot of new friends, and got a whole new list of "improvements" to make to LPub and LSynth. BricksWest was great! I now have faces for the names I know so well from lugnet. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: Transcript of Keynote —Tim Courtney
   (...) Nope, definitely not evil, or clone. Two projects which developed concurrently. I had a good time with Kevin and Jon this weekend, and can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Powertools. *but* I'm waiting till we're finished with Virtual LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: Transcript of Keynote —Kevin Clague
   (...) Thanks for clarifying this Tim. We've both been working on LDraw CAD related books, and helping each other through it. I can tell you that Miguel Agullo and I wrote the entire Power Tools book ourselves. I don't know how we can be a clone when (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)

        Re: Transcript of Keynote —Tim Courtney
   (...) No problem. (...) My pleasure. (...) Absolutely. By the way, for those of you who don't know... Syngress facilitated the creation of LPub, paid Kevin to write it, and then told him that he maintained all rights to it. I made a point of pulling (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest)