 Events / BrickFest / 3629
Re: A questions for those attending
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:36:19 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Frank Filz wrote:

I also noticed the staff regularly browsing through the exhibit hall. They
were definitely liking what they saw.

I was the "LEGO Art Monkey" set up in the LEGO Store area, and when I was
setting up my display in the room Thursday night, hotel staff kept coming in to
see the giant Batman statue! It seemed word was going round that this sculpture
was there, but nobody (I guess) believed it was as big and good as it was until
they saw it. They'd be amazed and approach it and cautiously touch it like the
apes approaching the monolith in 2001! It was great, and right away I though the
hotel staff appreciated us and was going to be happy we were there.

I also really liked the fact the exhibit room was open for us to minkgle in
seemingly 24 hours a day.

A fantastic event.

-Greg Hyland