 Events / BrickFest / 3442
Re: BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:52:37 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, David Schilling wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jean-Marc Détraz wrote:
Do you have a part# for the FLL ball and where can we find them?

Thanks in advance, JM

I think it's the same as the standard Duplo ball. Unfortunately I don't think
there are many recent sets that had any in them. A Knights Kingdom set was the
most recent.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/23065

Thanks for your answer David,
The ball you refer to is at least 6 studs in dianmeter, or 2". There is quite a
big difference with a 1 1/2" ball like a ping pong ball. I think this is to be
clearely identify.

Thanks in advance, JM

There WILL be two such balls in the NXT set when it ships. But if you want to
build your robot to handle them, you could probably just use any light ball of
similar dimensions, making sure that it will handle the actual size.

--
  David Schilling