 Events / BrickFest / 3439
  BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests

(URL) Official Rules to Two Mindstorms Challenges Released! And odds and ends! ===...=== We are pleased to release the rules to two of the upcoming Mindstorms challenges. PDF Rules to these are the (URL) Sumo> and (URL) Ball Gathering.> “Great Ball (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests

(...) Each match of the competition shall be 90 seconds. (...) Do you have a part# for the FLL ball and where can we find them? Thanks in advance, JM (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests

(...) I think it's the same as the standard Duplo ball. Unfortunately I don't think there are many recent sets that had any in them. A Knights Kingdom set was the most recent. (URL) WILL be two such balls in the NXT set when it ships. But if you (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests

(...) The ball you refer to is at least 6 studs in dianmeter, or 2". There is quite a big difference with a 1 1/2" ball like a ping pong ball. I think this is to be clearely identify. Thanks in advance, JM (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests

You are correct. I did not measure them correctly. The balls are 2". They are the duplo balls that come in the FLL and NXT kits. Sorry for the confusion, Bryan (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests

(...) This sounds interesting. A couple questions though... 1. Will the balls be able to roll freely or will something be used to hold them in position? 2. Is the field divided into two halves, with an even distribution of balls in each half, or (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Bulletin: Mindstorms/Technic Contests

(...) The balls will be free to roll randomly about the playing area. There is no set positioning for balls at the start of each match, but we will try to get them "evenly" deistributed around the table. The field is not divided. It is one large (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jul-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)