 Events / BrickFest / 3409
Re: BrickFest 2006?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 04:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.events, Joseph Greene wrote:
I'd need some figures on prior attendance before I could commit to such
an endeavor and even then I would need to do some research here first..
can we find out what the attendance numbers were?

Kevin McClure wrote:

Hey all,

If someone is willing to step up to the plate (no pun intended) and be the BF06
coordinator, I may be able to get a site to hold the convention (since we are
unable to use GMU this time around) in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area of Texas.

From what I gathered at the closing speech at BF05, Miss Hitchcock will no
longer be able to coordinate and we can't use GMU.

I'm not sure that I can get a yes, but when it is time to start planning I can
look into getting us a site.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin, JoeG, and all:

I was out of town this weekend and am just now reviewing this discussion.

Thank you so much for your interest and I would definite like to talk to you all
about the possibility of a BrickFest in Indianapolis, IN as well as other areas
in the US,

I'm sorry if my closing remarks were a bit vague. I was unsure as to how
demanding my new job would be and I wanted everyone to know that I was/am open
to the opportunity for others to take a leadership role. Also, I knew that I
would have a direct conflict if BrickFest was again held on the same weekend as
we have held it for the past 3 DC events.

So, its definite that the 2006 event will not be at GMU.  I have personally
scouted out other locations both in DC and in surrounding areas and I’ve gotten
a very promising proposal in my inbox put togeather by another group. I'll post
more info shortly reference what is currently being planned for 2006 once i get
more of the details.

2007 is totally open and its never to soon to start planning. I'd highly
encourage anyone interested in planning a BrickFest in their area to contact me
for more information.

Christina