 Events / 1738
Re: BrickFest 2006?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:36:52 GMT

Hi JoeG,
This sounds like a great course of action. When I did BrickFest PDX the very
first step was I privately contacted Christina and discussed this with her. Then
I talked to all (I did acidentally missed one) the west coast clubs to make sure
they were all OK with the idea. You might recall we had two BricksWests in SoCal
(that had gone defunct) as well as NW BrickCon and I didn't want to step on any
toes.  So to that end I think this is the type of community that if you go thru
the right channels and be gracious and considerate all will work easily and
you'll maximize your volunteers and sub community endorsments.

Good luck! and thanks for stepping up with the offer to the community. It is a
HUGE effort to do a BrickFest!
SteveB

In lugnet.events, Joseph Greene wrote:
I have an email in to Christina to confirm/deny etc. I certainly would
not want to step on her toes (or anyone elses for that matter). But I
think I have some good ideas for a workable/good venue in Indianapolis.
This would likely make it a bit less expensive as well as D.C. was
pricey and I know I could not afford to attend last year.
I'll coordinate with Christina and the con committee (assuming such
entity exists) to make sure there's no conflict. I'll let everyone know
as soon as I know.

Kevin McClure wrote:
In lugnet.events, Joseph Greene wrote:

Ok, Next question:  What was the approximate sqaure footage used for
Brickfest 2006

I dont know the answer to that question- I was just one of the GBC people that
were too busy playing to do much else.

How many rooms and how much footage was dedicated to display space?

The handout I got says this:
         First floor; 2 Brick Bazaar rooms, the Lego shop (Sunday only)
         Second Floor; Town, Train, Castle, Sculpture, Mosaic, National Trust,
Large Models, Vignette, Micro, Classic.
         Third floor; Space/Sci-Fi, F.I.R.S.T. Lego Leauge, Bionicle, Great Ball
Contraption, Technic, Mecha, Mindstorms.
Of those, only the Train layout and the Moonbase Layout were out of a room,
every other thing had a room.

How many panels were held?

I'm 99% sure it was 38.

Was a Video room used?

Yes, but I only saw it on Public expo day.

Was there a ConSuite (munchies/food room)?

Yes

I'm seriously considering volunteering to pick up this torch and am
looking at venue information. If I did so, it would occur in
Indianapolis, IN. I need this information to help determine if there
would be an appropriate venue available and how much it would cost for
me to coordniate it. I'm also waiting to hear from the local LUG to
ensure that I would have the people resources to put it together.

-Kevin