 Events / BrickFest / 339
Re: BrickFest Update 6/18/01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:04:38 GMT

Hmmm.  All excellent points... I have no desire to stand guard over my
MOCs either.  There's going to be far too much that I want to see! :-)

And I certainly wasn't intending to imply that WAMALUG should be "going
into the hole" for this ( to use your wording, no offense intended ).
When I was talking about walk-ins, I was expecting them to pay the $10
entry fee, same as the people that DID register.  That only seems fair
to me.

In any case, I just IM'd my friend, and he won't be able to attend, so I
won't be registering him.

Thanks for clarifying, everything you said made perfect sense...
-Andy Lynch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard W. Schamus (legoman34)" <legoman34@mindspring.com>
To: <lugnet.events.brickfest@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: BrickFest Update 6/18/01

It is my personal interpretation that *if* you show up as an • unregistered
person, you will not be able to participate in most of the actual • events...
(k-8 building, MOC judging, etc.) and there are no guantees that you • may
actually get in, depending on how many actually show up.
Let's suppose for a moment that 150 people actually register, and do • show
up. Then 50 people who have not registered show up and want to wander
around. Who escorts them all? (I'm not super concerned about my MOCs, • but if
we have people just wandering through in big numbers, I'd be somewhat
concerned about that). What if more than 50 *extras* show up? It • starts to
become an issue.
If you friend thinks he wants to come, (or anyone for that matter,) • register
now.
I don't wish to sound ominous about this. Brickfest is a non-profit
exposition. Security on the premissis costs nothing under I believe • 150
people. If the number goes up, there is a fee. No one should be going • into
the hole for this, especially anyone of our hosts in WAMALUG. If you • are
thinking about it, please make a decision today, that's all.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Rich