 Events / BrickFest / 2430
2429  |  2431
Subject:
Animation Festival Organizer/s being sought for BrickFest 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:02:50 GMT

Animators,

I have enjoyed organizing several animation festivals at several BrickFest
conventions, but the time has come for me to pass the torch. The organizers of
BrickFest 2004 are beginning to assemble and a date for the convention is set
for August 13, 14, and 15th in Arlington, Virginia.

So this is the official call for an individual or small group of individuals to
volunteer to put together an animation festival for BrickFest DC 2004.

Now this is not to be taken lightly and will represent a level involvement above
just attending the convention. There are 2 criteria that must be meet in order
to accept this endeavor. First, the volunteer or at least one member of the
group of individuals organizing must attend the convention (dates to be
announced). Second, you need to coordinate an open animation festival, an
animation contest, or both. This is part of what the convention organizers
desire and is what has been agreed to in the past and must be agreed to for
2004. All other details are up to you.

You should also know that you will not receive any remuneration for your efforts
or discounts on convention registration.

Your participation will place you at the organizers table and you will be part
of the development of the conference, with respect to the animation events. A
session coordinator will work with you to schedule a time at the convention for
the events and presentations that you want to hold. This means you will know
what is happening before it happens. If a group is to take on the task of
organizing a convention, then one member should be appointed the contact person.

I am available if desired to consult about organizing the Animation Festival and
I am a resource for what has been done in the past.

For me the benefits have always been getting to see animations from others
before anyone else. I also have several CD-Roms now full of animations that have
been sent to me. Also, it has been extremely rewarding to watch the audience and
their appreciation for these films.

I am not anointing a new organizer! If several people want the position, the
BrickFest 2004 organizers will determine a way to select an individual or a
group to take on the responsibility.

Todd