 Events / BrickFest / 1836
  Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

Sorry for the extremely short notice on this but... if you would like to try to have me ask a question on your behalf, email me or join this chat on AIM: BF2003_keynote (If you have added yourself as a nickname on AIM you can self invite) I am on a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

The decision was made to allocate all the ethernet ports available to the webcam/windows media stream and I don't have a port available to me... that means it's not working on AIM but do send me emails, I will try my best. Here's what was said so (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

Try inviting yourself to the chat now if you want to ask questions. BF2003_keynote (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

Try inviting yourself to the chat now if you want to ask questions. BF2003 keynote (WITHOUT the underscore) Here is some more stuff comments: The roadshow has turned around internal perceptions. Previously there were some people that wondered how (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) ?: Thanks for RoadShow and, Please bring back 3033 A: It wasn't well recieved by retailers. We can't force product. ?: more town A: yes, we hear you. We understand that people have to sleep and eat and shop ?: more classic space??? A: we never (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) ?: More DK Kid's readers series? A: no plans that are known. ?: about the 8466... why was it unloaded so soon at S@H... the big 4x4 offroader was dumped early. What is the future of large sets A: If we are marking it down, that means it's not (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) ?: can I elaborate on the half sections of track that appear on the pics? A: Jake: I sent a note to the train designer and he said it was a photoshop error ?: the girl question ... Clickits are in competition with? Mattel Ello what is the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

?: Little Armory... what do you think of that? A: personally no issue. as long as they are not marketed as official lego elements... official answer is it's a question for the legal dept - cut - ?: if you are an employee do you get free sets or just (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

The unveiling A cloud city star wars play set... there is a different hairdo for leia. It has a landing platform for your stuff. lots of modularity... chamber where Luke battles Vader... there also is a thing that flings Luke... then let him dangle (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Bespin! (was Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer)

(...) Anyone have pictures of this up yet? (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bespin! (was Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer)

(...) Go to <www.fbtb.net> Bruce (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) I can't help but wonder who the target market is for a set like this? Allan B. (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) For $100 you can be sure its not aimed towards the kids. Mark P (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) So it's a "play set" aimed at adults? :) Still wondering, Allan B. (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Here's the box, if that helps. (URL) says 14+, but it looks like a big playset to me too. ~Kevin Blocksidge (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) for this set. (...) Do 'kids' over 14 identify enough with this movie (now 23 years old) to want to spend $100 on this set? Will there be a lot of adult Star Wars fans who will want to spend the money on this set? I understand the connection (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Having just gotten the chance to read this I want to thank Larry for the fast typing and taking the time to post the Q and A. Thanks. (...) Interesting. I was hoping they would unveil the Blackton Battrax as the next Legend. I am undecided on (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Larry's transcript has actually become something I look forward to each time. Thanks again Larry, for providing this connection to the event for those of us who can't be there. Allan B. (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Did I get this right? Will there be Pick-a-brick in all legostores in the future?? That is great news! (since I'm close to a legostore :-) Big thank you to Larry, for posting the transcriptions! greetz, Saskia (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Nope, you have it right I think. Fortunately, all we may have to do is wait for these to get clearanced to score them cheap. I think at one point I was seeing the Millenium Falcon at 50%. Patience is your friend. The problem with this set, as (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) snip (...) Actually Final Duel I and II were fron Return of the Jedi (the second time Luke fights Vader and has a green lightsaber) This Duel is from Empire Strikes Back (the first time Luke fight Vader and has a blue lightsaber.) (...) In (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) I'd guess that's why it's a S@H exclusive. They probably don't expect it to sell well enough to retail sources (whether it would to customers is irrelevent), so they are offering it through their direct sales market. One store will then (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Why, thank you, guys! I'm gratified to know that people find it useful. That's why I do it, because I want everyone to know stuff as fast as they can! I almost didn't do it this time (and I almost COULDN'T do it this time (1)) as it certainly (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Ew, that probably leaves me out. I was hoping for the deep discount option. Oh well... -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Which still doesn't really answer the question of who's going to buy it, only by which arm of their distribution network it's being sold on. The question I still have is, "will adults buy this 'play set' for $100?" Or, will they only see it as (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) I have to assume that you aren't fully aware of how many adult SW collectors are totally accustomed to having to use their credit cards online just to keep up with the Hasbro stuff. I seriously doubt they'll have any trouble moving enough (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Enough to make it worth while creating a set like this... I guess? (...) Which is why I wondered if adult builders would want it. Perhaps it's aimed more directly at pure Star Wars fans than previous sets from this series? Contrasted with the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Possibly. I've seen a lot of polls on FBTB that this appears to be the answer to, though. (...) My understanding is that LEGO Direct offers sets that fall within a certain range of expected sales. Enough to be worth doing, but not enough to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Star Wars on DVD (was Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer)

(...) According to an interview I read, (I think on starwars.com), the reason the original trilogy has not been released is because after episode 3, they are going to further and/enhance the original trilogy. The Archival Edition will be the one (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Star Wars on DVD (was Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer)

(...) That's news to me. The only thing I've ever heard on this is that putting together a DVD that isn't just a flat, plastic, non-magnetic VHS tape takes a lot of work. GL wants to be involved in that process (as is his right), and he won't have (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Out of random curiosity, I just called the Orlando LIC and got a very surprising answer: 30 days (maybe a little longer), but pickabrick appears to be just around the corner. Ray (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) to be (...) I asked this question before in the brickfest newsgroup, but haven't gotten any answer. Is this a global thing???? Since I'm near a legostore, it would be the best news of this year if you ask me :-D Saskia (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Question and Answer

(...) Why don't you do what I did. Call the store and ask them. The people at the store would know more about this than most anyone on lugnet. If you find something out, please share it with the rest of us. Ray (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.market.shopping)