 Events / BrickFest / * (-5)
Re: BrickFest 2011
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:23:56 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Steven Barile wrote:

Hi All,
The BrickFest staff has some bad news. BrickFest ’11 in Portland is canceled. There are no catastrophic circumstances surrounding this, but rather a collection of smaller issues. Given there are so many wonderful alternatives we hope that this doesn’t impact the community’s ability to gather. It has been our pleasure to serve to community, thanks to all those that have volunteered in the past. It’s been great fun.

Feel free to communicate this out to the rest of the community.

Thanks,
Steve Barile
& BrickFest staff
PS This is note is only for BrickFest ‘11 in Portland in March, not for BrickFest in general.

Steve--

Sorry to hear of this--but understand, and we’ll see you next time around. Thanks for verifying this info.

Play Well and Prosper,

Doc Crandall “The Brick Detective”

Re: BrickFest 2011
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:23:31 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi All,
The BrickFest staff has some bad news. BrickFest ’11 in Portland is canceled. There are no catastrophic circumstances surrounding this, but rather a collection of smaller issues. Given there are so many wonderful alternatives we hope that this doesn’t impact the community’s ability to gather. It has been our pleasure to serve to community, thanks to all those that have volunteered in the past. It’s been great fun.

Feel free to communicate this out to the rest of the community.

Thanks,
Steve Barile
& BrickFest staff
PS This is note is only for BrickFest ‘11 in Portland in March, not for BrickFest in general.

Re: BrickFest 2011
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 17:18:31 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Steve & Christina can give the definitive answer but Steve sent a note around to some folk saying it has been cancelled. That note circulated to a fair few club lists and the like. An announcement here and on the other major discussion centers might be a good thing (wherever the original announcement was posted I suppose)... I’ll ping him.

Hope that helps.

According to the Brickfest site:

“We are sorry to announce that BrickFest and BricKids Has been cancelled due to staffing issues.

News of future events will be posted on this site as well as many of the regular LEGO AFOL web sites.”

Re: BrickFest 2011
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:20:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Matthew Crandall wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Steven Barile wrote:

Hi All,

We are happy to announce that BrickFest(TM) and BricKids(TM) will be held on March 24-27, 2011 at the Oregon Convention Center - Portland, OR. The hotel is same last time, the Red Lion at the Convention Center.

Steve & Christina

Hi everyone!

Is there--or is there not--going to be a Brickfest in 2011? It was announced at BrickCon there would be but now, according to the website, “We are sorry to announce that BrickFest™ and BricKids™ Has been cancelled due to staffing issues.”

Need to know so we can plan accordingly.

Play Well,

Doc Crandall “The Brick Detective”

Steve & Christina can give the definitive answer but Steve sent a note around to some folk saying it has been cancelled. That note circulated to a fair few club lists and the like. An announcement here and on the other major discussion centers might be a good thing (wherever the original announcement was posted I suppose)... I’ll ping him.

Hope that helps.

Re: BrickFest 2011
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 01:57:21 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Steven Barile wrote:

Hi All,

We are happy to announce that BrickFest(TM) and BricKids(TM) will be held on March 24-27, 2011 at the Oregon Convention Center - Portland, OR. The hotel is same last time, the Red Lion at the Convention Center.

Steve & Christina

Hi everyone!

Is there--or is there not--going to be a Brickfest in 2011? It was announced at BrickCon there would be but now, according to the website, “We are sorry to announce that BrickFest™ and BricKids™ Has been cancelled due to staffing issues.”

Need to know so we can plan accordingly.

Play Well,

Doc Crandall “The Brick Detective”

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact