 Events / 2308
Re: LEGO Exhibition in Budapest - lessons learned
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:35:07 GMT

In lugnet.events, Edward Welsh wrote:
   What did you do to promote it?

As I understand it, the event was the brainchild of the shopping mall. This mall has recently been remodeled. The management decided to host some events to promote their event hall. So they approached LEGO Hungary and offered them the room at no charge. LEGO Hungary liked the idea, but they insisted that the event must be free for the public. Our club (MALUG) has already acquired some fame in Hungary so it was natural that they invited us to spice up the event with our LEGO creations. There was not a lot of promotion, for example there were no TV ads or billboards or anything. I understand Timea of LEGO Hungary (Marketing and PR Manager) sent a press release to the Hungarian News Agency so a several web sites (event calendars, cultural programs, etc.) posted this “article”. So did the shopping mall and the holding who owns it. So basically the initial promotion was pretty much electronic, except for some papers that mentioned the upcoming event. The first day brought “only” 1500 visitors, I think their word of mouth advertisement also contibuted to the growing number or visitors on the following days. TV stations must have heard about it because they also mentioned the event.

Akos