 Events / 2307
Re: TexLUGger at NETLTC's display at the Marshall, TX train show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:19:22 GMT

   It was really nice having Tony visit our show and share his steam MOCs with us and the public at the show. I will be posting a review of the show within a day or two...

Kirk H

Here is the promised review. The show was sponsored by the Texas & Pacific Historical Society in Marshall to raise money for the T&P museum and the old historic depot. The Marshall Civic Center housed the show. In addition to the NETLTC, there were 2 HO layouts, 1 N scale, and 1 Lionel layout. We were debuting our modular tables and we only had 6 full sized and 2 skinny tables finished - so we displayed a much smaller layout than at previous shows (10 x 15ish). Our smallness was a benefit because the show organizers miscalculated the meeting space and didn’t have room for us if we had been full sized.

The show was lightly attended with the strongest crowd numbers showing up Sunday afternoon. There had been some media coverage on Saturday. I was interviewed for a local radio station. As usual, the Lego trains are a real crowd pleaser and we get the usual - ‘didn’t know Lego made trains’, etc...

We have done shows in Tyler, Tx and now in Marshall, TX - all of these shows have been for rail historical societies. One of my personal Lego train goals is to model the fallen flags from East Texas. So the Cotton Belt folks in Tyler (birthplace of the St Louis and Southwestern - aka Cotton Belt) really like my Cotton Belt engines and the T&P folks (birthplace in Marshall) really like my T&P engines in ‘Swamp Holly Orange’. Well - Lego orange is close enough! So we have won some friends.

Our future plans are to build more tables and improve the layout and add more engines and rolling stock in road colors from East Texas...

for pictures visit the NETLTC website: NETLTC

also see tony’s pictures - links below...

   I took some pictures of my time there, plus some video. I’ll link to the video once I can figure out how to get it out of the camcorder and online.

Full Gallery

-Tony