 Events / 1931
Re: LEGO Adult Fan Convention at Legoland California?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:15:12 GMT

In lugnet.events, Brian Pilati wrote:

Todd,

I really appreciate all the work that you and Joe did for BrickFest this year.
It was really great.

I didn't do much. I was really only active on scene and I tried not to screw
things up but I had my moments.

I would like to chime in on a few ideas for a west coast "BrickFest".

1- Definately February.
2- Definately Southern California (San Diego or Anaheim).  That is the easiest
for many states to drive to, along I-15.
3- The Hotel/Convention center together was a winner.  Plus, LLCA really is not
for adults.  I did not like it, plus, when I went last October, the park was in
such disrepair that I felt is was sacrilege and couldn't wait to leave.
4- For someone from Utah, it is virtually impossible to get a lot of MOCs to DC.
But if the convention was in SC, I could drive my entire family for less than my
wife and I flew to DC.
5- I would be willing to help/volunteer.

Let's do it.

Brian Pilati

Well, lets talk and work with others. There some events coming up that were
recently announced. There are more ideas coming in. Once we get a core group
together we could proceed along some early planning. If we want the park
involved we will need to work with them and push them pretty hard.

Todd