 Events / 1673
Re: Where do we go from here...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.general, lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:42:21 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Deborah Higdon wrote:
   snip>

As well, I wouldn’t mind getting a general idea of who’s going to be showing up with what, so I can book the space. Are we thinking about the moonbase? Can someone take the lead in that?

Dave K

Dave, I responded ages ago to this, but I will jump in here again.

Janey, I know that you and a couple other people did respond to an earlier thread about The Hobby Show, but for some reason that discussion just seemed to fade away. So I’m glad Dave decided to light the fire again and I hope we can hear from those who expressed an interest previously, as well as LOTS more people. I’m glad to hear you’ll be there, so I can finally get to meet you.

So for the record, I will be there. :)

And I’m really really hoping we can hear from other people. Don’t make me post my “Top 10 reasons it’s cool to come to The Hobby Show” list. ;)

   I am in, and my dollhouse needs a full table alone.

I saw some pics online after the weekend. I’m really looking forward to seeing that model.

And for the purpose of planning, I will need an entire 8 - 10 foot table, but only half... split the long way. No, I’m not bringing my CN Tower and laying it on the table, but it will be something equally long, made of mostly white bricks and be round, but mainly hollow.

   Back on topic.

Looking forward to the Hobby Show, and like Deb, and despite Magno’s lame suggestion, I am also not willing to be responsible for the play area. Having said that, I am more than willing to take a EQUAL timed “shift” which just sounds way too much like teamwork to.... fly like an eagle. (Walks off singing some tune, and shaking my head and “grrrrring” for oh so many reasons.)

Will teamwork win out and is a play area the best way to go? I’m still interested in hearing any/all other ideas that people may have. Don’t be shy folks... I know we’re Canadian, but we don’t have to be quite so reserved do we? :)

Regards,
Allan B.