 Events / 1672
1671  |  1673
Subject:
Brickfest 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:38:57 GMT

  I don't know where to begin.....But here it goes.  Coming to this years event I was really afraid people would be hesitant to vote for the same person two years in a row for best in show.  I told myself if I placed I'd be happy.   Needless to say at least a certain percentage of you didn't hesitate, and I thank you for that. It made all the hours and aggravation worth while.
  At the same time, I walked around the event and looked at some other people's
style and creations and couldn't help to be jealous of some truely amazing
building.  Were thier MOC's as large as mine, no probably not.  but some of the
creativity and s.n.o.t. work was blowing me away.
   I can't wait to see where we go from here.  I know next year I'm down sizing
a little.  I just can't crank out something that large every year.  I don't have
it in me physicaly, mentally, or finacially.
  As always the best part of the event is the people.  The growth at this years
show was truely amazing.  The lego community is awakening the sleepers,  you can
feel it. I'd like to end with a line that keeps coming back to me from the
"Muppet Movie".  "There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met".

How right he was,
Steve DeCraemer