 Events / 1214
Re: CC2:Discus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:31:25 GMT

The Winners Have Been Found!

The First Place Trophy was in the bag in the beginning by Philo, with a very impressive shooting distance of 20 feet!
http://www14.brinkster.com/lmsf/spotlight/CC2_philo.jpg

(C&P URL’s to new browser window)

The Second Place Trophy, won by just a hair, goes to Leg0-17 and his tilting platform!
http://www14.brinkster.com/lmsf/spotlight/CC2_leg017.jpg

The Third Place Trophy was captured with a very clever and innovative design by ACruceSalus, with a spinning arm design!
http://www14.brinkster.com/lmsf/spotlight/CC2_acrusesalus.jpg

...and it didn’t take long to deliberate this time as to the winner of the Honorable Mention! FranzlInventor swept that one away easily with a very unusual and very creative springing-arm-style design, patterned directly after the human arm!
http://www14.brinkster.com/lmsf/spotlight/CC2_Franz.jpg

Full photos of most (if not all) the entries will be available within the next day or so in the LMSF BrickShelf folder: http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=LMSF.

This was a great contest and I’m impressed with the turnout. We had a lot of very interesting and creative designs for this one! I think you guys make this challenge better and better each time.

On behalf of myself and the other Hosts, congratulations and thank you for participating!!

-Mike
Host, LEGO MindStorms Forums
http://mindstorms.lego.com

PS: Since we were late in announcing the results, the next contest will be begun tomorrow, on Saturday. I think perhaps you guys will like it even more than this one. :)