 Duplo / 164

Re: DINOTRON: A cross-system hybrid MOC theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:48:47 GMT

Todd,

These look great!  The incorporation of the two themes looks amazing, and some of
your details are jaw-dropping.   Now to convince you to bring some to the next
Brikwars game ...

Can't wait to see more ...

shaun

Todd Lehman wrote:

[Not sure what ng's to crosspost this to . . . it's kinda a hodge-podge of
DUPLO and Star Wars and Castle and mecha stuff.  I guess I'll go with that.
Followups to .duplo?]

   http://www.fibblesnork.com/lego/dinotron/

These were a lot of fun to make.  Here's the secret:  The backs of the DUPLO
dinos, it turns out, are regular DUPLO studs which perfectly accommodate 2x4
and 2x6 LEGO SYSTEM bricks.  But not only that, they also accommodate the new
6x6x2 quad-inverse-slope SYSTEM bricks that come in the LEGO Star Wars sets!
And these enable the very quick conversion of a DUPLO dino into a SYSTEM dino!

The minifigs are Blacktron I figs with Ninja heads and various other Castle
helmets.  The rest of the parts come purely from LEGO Star Wars sets (one copy
of each 1999 & 2000 set, plus 5 additional parts that needed to be nabbed from
second copies of Naboo Swamp and Naboo Fighter.)

--Todd

These look great!  The incorporation of the two themes looks amazing, and • some of
your details are jaw-dropping.   Now to convince you to bring some to the next
Brikwars game ...

Can't wait to see more ...

shaun

Where are the Brikwars events held? Anywhere near the eastern U.S.? And when
are they held? Monthly?

LegoMasterLuke

Re: Brikwars
These look great!  The incorporation of the two themes looks amazing, and • some of
your details are jaw-dropping.   Now to convince you to bring some to the • next
Brikwars game ...

Can't wait to see more ...

shaun

Where are the Brikwars events held? Anywhere near the eastern U.S.? And when
are they held? Monthly?

Wow I almost missed this in .duplo.  Followups set to lugnet.fun.gaming

Well we just had our first NELUG Brikwars event last Saturday in Waltham
Massachusetts so we are on the East Coast all-be-it the Northern end of the
East Coast.  We are planning on more meetings soon so watch lugnet.org.us.nelug
for details.

Here are some pictures from Saturday.

http://www.nelug.org/bw040100/

There is a link on that page to the Brikwars web page as well.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/

Re: Brikwars
Where are the Brikwars events held? Anywhere near the eastern U.S.? And when
are they held? Monthly?

Wow I almost missed this in .duplo.  Followups set to lugnet.fun.gaming

Well we just had our first NELUG Brikwars event last Saturday in Waltham
Massachusetts so we are on the East Coast all-be-it the Northern end of the
East Coast.  We are planning on more meetings soon so watch • lugnet.org.us.nelug
for details.

Massachusetts. Ugh. "Mom, can I have $90 for a bus fare to Massachusetts to
meet with some strangers I hardly even know?"

What sort of event is Brikwars? Are you supposed to bring your own Lego
models, or are Lego peices provided?

How long is the average event? I might be allowed to go to Massachusetts .. if
I paid the bus fare myself .. that would be really fun.

I live in Ohio, BTW.

LegoMasterLuke