 Dear LEGO / 5244
  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

(...) It's probably the earliest they could fit it into production. But I think it's expected to hear about the sets now. From my understanding, everyone's anxious to get their toys shown at the Toy Fair (in Q1) so that manufacturers are eager to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:IDrHBJ.tru@lugnet.com... (...) three (...) reason (...) quarter of (...) it's (...) anxious (...) eager (...) get (...) Europe for (...) this (...) the (...) Attack' (...) fan of (...) In all (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gary Tabener wrote: <snip> (...) And whereas I'd probably buy a few Viking sets should they become available, the cost factor in sending both series 'across the pond' and other related issues, such as marketing and such, someone (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

(...) I dunno. Debatable I spose. Limiting yourself to a certain area does admittedly lessen your losses if the theme flops-- which some recent themes have done. And assumably if the theme does really well, you bring it over to the markets it's (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

While Lego may be torturing Lego enthusiasts, they are helping out the internet hurting postal workers by making all of us pay high international postal rates to get the sets that are not availible to us. I know I save at least $5.00 a month paying (...) (19 years ago, 23-Mar-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

(...) While you're paying through your nose, insist on having it posted by airmail. It's worth it. (...) Only if Lego made their boxes smaller. Amen. (...) Relax, some Australian and Italian Bricklink stores seem to have nice collections too. Keith (19 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

Keith, I know. I buy 90% of my parts from all over the world. My whole point of the my post was just to show how we must pay high international costs to get what we want because items are not readily availible to us. I meant my post as more of a (...) (19 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do you torture Technic enthusiasts?

(...) One reason that the boxes are too big is that technic parts overall have gotten smaller, which means that more pieces fit in a smaller area. The actual amount of pieces in each set has increased since almost all technic sets are studless. I (...) (19 years ago, 24-Mar-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)