 Dear LEGO / 5208
  Dillution of trade name

Dear LEGO, While shopping yesterday in a relatively new US WalMart store, I noted that the various sections of the toy department have little banner signs hanging out from the top of the stock shelves. These seemed to be placed in such a way so that (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

(...) I have also noticed this in some of the Atlanta-area Wal-Mart stores. Scott Lyttle (19 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

Calling "lego" "legos" must be an american thing; I have never heard it used in the UK. Interestingly, searching loc.uk for "legos" got hits for "lego's". Scott A (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Dillution of trade name

Hello! (...) Oh, people (kids, parents, non-AFOLs) are using "legos" all the time around here. It simply is shorter for "LEGO bricks" and everybody still knows exactly what this term ("legos") is referring to. As long as it's not used in official (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)