 Database / Brictionary / *332 (-100)
  Re: please identify a tire?

Yes! Thank you very much. :) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: please identify a tire?

(...) You may also find this page (URL) useful when identifying wheels/tyres. ROSCO (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: please identify a tire?

(...) Is it: (URL) Wedge Belt Wheel Tyre' (70162) BL uses the same number for it. Julie (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  please identify a tire?

I was wondering whether someone could identify this tire/tyre. A BrickLink or Peeron code would be appreciated, or the number of a set with this tire. I've looked through the BrickLink database with no luck, which I assume is about the same as the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) Thanks for doing the research. As a result, I think "Chin Guard" is preferable. Chris (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

<all the stuff I agree with snipped, leaving only the trivial> (...) I agree with the idea, but is "Chin-Guard" a standard word? It's not in either dictionary.com or m-w.com (I really need to get my books out of storage. . .) and a Google search on (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) I can go along with that! ;) (Good catch, by the way! ;) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) I agree and prefer Chin-guard too. (...) Doh - no, of course not. I meant 193a : Minifig Helmet Classic with Thin Chin-guard 193b : Minifig Helmet Classic with Thick Chin-guard (...) Chris (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) So, by your own logic, the classic helmets should be: (...) (I personally think the above makes more sense, incidentally. None of the helmets have chin straps, because that would have to go under the chin.) On a side note, are those supposed (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) I'm partial to Chin-Guard. A chinstrap is a miniature belt that braces itself against your chin to hold your helmet onto your head. A chin-*GUARD* on the other hand protects your chin. (...) I like the inclusion of Castle. But we should (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) And they lived happily ever after... :-)))) (...) Chin-Guard or Chinstrap? (...) suggestion: x527 - Minifig Helmet Castle with Chinstrap and Wide Brim (...) w. (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) I'd like to reach closure on this in preparation for the next parts update. I have re-thought my decsion about 193+593 vs. 193a+193b, mainly in the light of the Classic Window discussion, where we are allowing suffices on 3DNs. And I also take (...) (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) I still prefer: Minifig Town Castle ClassicSpace OldStyle Modern Crash With_and_without_vis...and_pivots Helmet with Skinny(Obese) Chinstrap any objections? how about the word order? ROFL w. (20 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

Why not call the current helment Minifig Helmet (which is what it is now) and call the classic helment Minifig Helmet Old with Thin/Thick Chinstrap (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) Well, unless for some reason you've got a database that can recognize that two parts may be related when they have the same base number. I'm sure I know of a database like that somewhere. :) (...) For whatever reason, the visor was only made (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) put the blame on me ;-) I named them type 1, 2 because 3839A.dat and 3839B.dat are named: Plate 1 x 2 with Handles Type 1 - 3839A.dat Plate 1 x 2 with Handles Type 2 - 3839B.dat the only difference is in the height of the handles. the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) Personally, I've thought of the "crash helmet" as the helmet that can accept a visor. You could also use the word "modern" as a descriptor. Thus, my two suggestions for 2446 are Minifig Helmet, Modern Style & Minifig Helmet with Visor Pivots I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Minifig Helmets

(...) The single-character suffixes are used, not because parts have multiple versions, but because different parts sometimes have the same number. If a new version of a part comes out with a different number, we'd use the new number when modeling (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Minifig Helmets

Noticed a few odd things about the Minifig Helmets on the Parts Tracker a few weeks ago (URL) first thing I noticed is that the newer version of the original helmet (the thick chinstrap version) has been assigned the new 3DN 593. I thought that was (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Slope Brick Round

(...) It looks like another CATEGORY is about to be introduced. Steve has added ROUND as a CATEGORY; see (URL) may make sense to start moving all of the round bricks to this category, if that's what this category is intended for. John (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Slope Brick Round

Following up on a comment by Chris Dee on part 33243 on the Tracker. . . There's this part 500 from the last parts update Slope Brick Round 1 x 6 Inverted The first mysterious thing about this name is that it starts with "slope", but then proceeds (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) This article is a quite interesting read. What jumped out at me was the mention that different colors of ABS have different specific gravities (within a small overall range). I wonder if the saline solution would have a detrimental effect on (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

Just to through my 2 cents in (even though I'm two weeks behind the rest of this thread ;-) )...I'm definitely interested in being a part of this project. (Being a data-organization junkie may have something to do with it.) Let me know what I need (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: 8429 re-release of 8812 not found

(...) Probably because no one posted about it to lugnet.admin.database. What's with this set? I've never heard of it not that that indicates much), and it's not on shop.lego.com. XFUT lugnet.admin.database (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.admin.database)

  8429 re-release of 8812 not found

Hello all, I have without any result tried to find the 8429 set ((URL)) - a re-release of the 8812 set ((URL)) - in the Lugnet database. Why is it not listed? Best regards, Peter (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

(...) Ray - this sounds like a very ambitious (and cool!) project :-) See some questions inline. (...) Why not block some numbers off for natural groupings of parts? Would say, a 1x2 brick with click hinge (2 prongs) and the same with 1 prong (that (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

(...) This is a working draft of what I have in mind - Ray ===...=== Conceptural Outline for a Public Parts Catalog A) The results of the effort will be held under a public content license (such as Open Content or Creative Commons). The results will (...) (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

(...) We're very interested in having a public system set up, and would love working with one. It's something that we've been planning to do (with LDraw) for quite some time now - we even posted back in the day, to try and get some momentum going, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

(...) I like the ideas proposed here. They are almost identical to something I've been tossing around for a while with some other folks. Anyone out there interested in being involved in creating a public catalog ? Ray (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Official LEGO Color Chart

Thanks to Jake and TLC, we just posted an official LEGO color chart, with RGB, CMYK, and Pantone colors, and a danglish name! Take a look: (URL) will be working in the next few weeks with LDraw to associate each of these colors with our current (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray) !!

  Re: Part 4318

I'm guessing the centered tab under the two fingers was counted as the third finger. IIRC, it functions not as most hinge "fingers" do, but stops the attached part from moving lower than horizontal. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

(...) I've been also busy cataloging my LEGO collection. I use the master part list downloaded from Peeron as a start. Eventually I found out that especially the decorated bricks and decorated minifigs are missing as a unique part number in the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Part 4180

(...) I thought I remembered a more recent discussion about this, but I can't find it. What I'm seeing is that really instead of the current part 4180 there should be three composite parts: 4180c01--Brick 2 x 4 with Permanent Black Train Wheels (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Part names: describe shape, not what models they come in

There are a number of parts that are named according to their use in a particular set. Trouble is, LEGO would then come out with another set that uses that part in a totally different way. Consider "Loudhailer." That one took me forever to find in (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

(...) Thanks! Now how can we get it implemented, is the big question? So now we just need to get all the various parties to the same virtual table as it were. I don't think the MLCAD and BrickLink folks read this forum, do they? --Bill. (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Part 4318

This part (URL) called Hinge Boat Mast with 3 Fingers On Both Sides despite seeming to have two fingers on each side, like (URL) it misnamed, or am I missing something? TIA, -- TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (21 years ago, 8-Mar-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

(...) Yep, and programs could still use that if no custom file was available. ROSCO (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

(...) Excellent idea. --Todd (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

In lugnet.cad.dev, William R. Ward writes: <snip> This is a really great idea! In addition, it wouldn't be all that hard to implement into existing software. We'd still have to keep the names in the part files though, to keep backward compatability. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Proposal: New Part *NAMING* System.

Once the numbering system is in place, we then can deal with the next sticky issue: part names. Since everyone will want their names to be the final name chosen, I would like to sidestep that issue - there should not be a final name chosen. But (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: LEGO Database Software

(...) you're describing a feature that we've been thinking of for Peeron.com. Unfortunately, I don't currently have the time to implement it, but it is planned :) Sorry I can't be of more help :/ Dan (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  LEGO Database Software

I've been searching for a software program that will let me track my LEGO parts inventory and compare my inventory to the available set parts lists and show me what set I can build. I checked out BrikTrak which does let me enter my parts inventory (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Peeron crosses 2000 inventory mark!

(...) When exactly did the transition to hollow studs occur? This *can* be cleaned up, sorta (see below), although it's time consuming. A parts database that allowed built-in ambiguity of which part a given inventory has might be a better solution. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

(...) ...snip. Well I consider a common parts numbering system to be totally nessesary. I have spent the last 4 months counting and cataloging my collection. For the most part I have used LDraw number because that was what I had first. I have to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

(...) The question has been asked before, I believe it will be asked again. The general reason that a corporation would not cooperate in a situation like is that it would cost them money (ie, they'd have to pay people to spend their time dealing (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

(...) I agree. Ask the question first, explain the benefit to the community, and hope for the answer we are looking for. It would seem to me that if the information is available on larger parts for public consumption, surely they would not maintain (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

(...) I asked italy@lego.com for the index number on the sticker sheet in 6970 after I hadn't got reply on this post: (URL) was told (in a very friendly way) that all information regarding discontinued sets has been destroid. (...) billund calling (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes: Hi Steve I applaud the efforts you, Dan and Jennifer are putting forward to making this work. This might seem like a silly question - but has anyone asked LEGO for the missing part numbers. As LEGO molds the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) It's my understanding that Bricklink has been hoping for part number synchronization for a while - there has been a good deal of discussion of it recently and they seem to have given up on the possibility. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

Yay! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Proposal: New Part Numbering System

Hi! I've been talking with Dan and Jennifer Boger tonight, trying to figure out how we can improve the synchroni[s|z]ation between LDraw and Peeron part numbers. And anyone else's part system that wants to play with us, too. :) Basically, there are (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary) !!

  Re: New set 10045 - Bridge Elements

(...) [snip] (...) Interesting how they name this - it's actually 10 studs long, but the lattice section is 2x6x1.2/3, with a 2x2x2/3 section at each end to use for attachment. I hope the part is given the dimensions 2x10x1.2/3 in Ldraw... ROSCO (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Another Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3L

(...) Why not 6536 : Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 2L - Axle/Pin32291 : Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 2L Double - Axle/Pin+Pin Chris (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Another Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3L

I have to question calling any of these an "axle joiner". They bear no resemblance in appearance or function to the basic Technic Axle Joiner 6538, which is actually designed to join two axles together rigidly. None of these "axle joiner (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Another Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3L

It's also related to 6536 "Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular" and 32291 "Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular Double". How about "Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular Double (Inline)"? --Bill. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: 2 new parts in new racer sets

(...) I must agree with this...I think the 1 x 2/1 x 4 bracket has also appeared in the <set:10030 Imperial Star Destroyer> in dark gray. The other part you mentioned I believe is totally new...but I could be wrong. There are a few other Racers sets (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.general)

  2 new parts in new racer sets

Hi all, Here in Denmark some small new racer-sets have been available for a couple of weeks (sets 8358, 8359, 8360). There are some useful new parts: In set 8359 a light grey bracket (like part 2436) - not 1x2/1x4 though, but 1x2/2x2. In set 8358 a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.general)

  Re: Another Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3L

(...) (URL)which is clearly related to the Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3L (...) (URL)and the confusingly named and oriented Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular (...) (URL)What on Earth should this new one be called? Technic Axle Joiner (...) If (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Another Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3L

Reports are that set 8353 contains this piece (URL) is clearly related to the Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3L (URL) the confusingly named and oriented Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular 3 Long (URL) on Earth should this new one be called? (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: 24-tooth Technic gear confusion - Part(s) 3648, 3648a, x187

In lugnet.cad.dev, Lance Hopenwasser writes: [snipped description of the situation] (...) *Eventually*, I'd expect there to be a 3648a and a 3648b. That is, if the other version is ever rendered for LDraw (assuming it hasn't already). In LDraw, when (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: What's the Basplate in 928?

(...) Probably. That wasn't the only set that had that baseplate however. There was a "Landing Plates" accessory pack that had one of those and a "T" intersection with the same yellow and white striping. --Bill. (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  24-tooth Technic gear confusion - Part(s) 3648, 3648a, x187

I am really confused about the variations on the 24-tooth Technic gear which appear in quite a number of the sets I am attempting to inventory/verify. First of all there seem to be two major variations: the earlier one has three axle holes, and the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: What's the Basplate in 928?

I don't know if this helps or not, but I own 497 and two sets of 454 (probably ... they MIGHT be 306 as I do not have the sleeves anymore and I did visit Denmark a couple times during my Space years). Anyway, that makes three landing plates, all of (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: What's the Basplate in 928?

(...) Looks like the case. Upon getting home I checked: #1 (3 URLs) 1979 - 1980 or 1981? #2: 1981 or 1982? - 1983 #3: 1983 - 1990 - Brickshelf scans of the 1979 catalog show 454 with baseplate #1, and it looks like the scanned set top on Lugnet also (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: What's the Basplate in 928?

(...) Although I'm not sure if I own 454 or 306 (or something else), I do own 1 set of landing plates (probably purchased for me between 1982 and 1984), and I'm 99% certain that they're the 2nd type of baseplate shown. I don't believe I've ever seen (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  What's the Basplate in 928?

I'm confused. Looking at the instruction scans, it appears that the baseplate in 928, 497, 306, and 454 is (URL) then where does this baseplate appear (URL) (Yes, Peeron has problems here. . .working on that. . .) Is this one of those dread cases (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: New Part: (needs Number) - Baseplate 32 x 32 Craters

(...) According to this post: (URL) number for this baseplate is 3947. I have no idea whence came that number (or any of the other numbers in the above post). HTH, TWS Garrison (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Color Chart [Re: The shades of blue]

(...) I think this looks like an excellent reference to distinguish colors, find names for colors, and see what colors have been produced. I hope this can be common ground as a complete, canonical list of colors. Although the grid for notes at the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)

Thomas, How about this? (URL) created it today based on your suggestions. It still needs alot of info, but I have several color knowledgable people that will help me fill it out. It's based on the Bricklink color system, since that is the one I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: All The Pretty Colors (Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon))

(...) We also need a standard that once a color is named something, the name doesn't get changed. I call your medium blue light blue because at the time, it was the lightest blue. Sure, there is a new, lighter blue in the new Belville sets, but I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  All The Pretty Colors (Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon))

(...) Oh I agree completely. After looking at the different color pages out there I honestly think Bricklink is the best. That seems to be the only one that is constantly updated and maintained. Colors there are taken very seriously among the people (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: The shades of blue (Re: Marsek Blue might be available soon... S@H FAll 2002)

(...) Probably. . .TLC seems to come out with new colors all the time, and very few people have enough variety of sets to make detailed comparisons (especially since so many obscure colors seem to appear in Scala and Belville). Color charts have (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) I don't know about "universal in the US", but freeway is generally used in this area (Michigan). But "expressway" is more universal, since it includes limited access dual carriageways which require tolls for usage. (...) Americans (esp. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) :-) (...) I do know what it means (unsure about "everyone", though); still, I think Autoroute is easier to understand for someone who's never heard of it before. I was unsuccessful trying to find a "Eurocode" or "directive" of some sort (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) In Denmark it would be "Motorvej" meaning limited to vehichels driving at a higher speed than 60 km/hour (no tractors, no mopeds, no bicycles), and where there are no crossing roads (thus the bridge, indicating crossing roads are at another (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) Only a little. (...) interviews. Grey persons are in the lead here. " This fits a lot of sorts of collections don't you think? Back to topic, I still say Autobahn is a good choice. It may not be the word used by natives to describe THEIR (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) In australia, we would probobly call this thing a highway (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) Sorry, I misinterpretted the pattern - I thought it was a variation of the general icon, not the actual icon itself. (...) Good point. (...) But this 4215a hasn't been modeled in LDraw, right? (...) Good question. Steve (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) I suppose it is the best choice, then (changes being made...) (...) Yes, I just became aware of that. I knew the signs were different, I just could not imagine they were SO different! One funny thing I noticed were the civil defence signs, (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) pretty widely understood all over the US. (...) In the US, they're always green. Blue is only used for indicating services available at a destination (food, gas, lodging, hospital, etc.). (Brown is used to mark recreational destinations.) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) I just ran a search on google, and it gave me a new word which I think can be of universal understanding: Expressway! Here's the link: (URL) note that the background of the sign is usually blue, not green - AFAIK, green backgrounds are only (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) "Motorway" is a British term, but I think its meaning is pretty obvious. (...) In California at least, any public road is a highway, even a residential street. Legally, that is. Colloquially it is reserved for interurban roads. But they might (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) I think that most Americans would know immediately what "autobahn" means. But I can't speak for people anywhere else. In the US, the autobahns are infamous for their lack of a speed limit. That makes most American drivers very jealous. (Of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

"Chris Dee" <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H26pME.93C@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) US (...) suspect. (...) Don't know about Danish, but in Swedish it's called "Motorväg", that's a straight translation of "Motorway". "Highway" (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) I disagree, outside of Central Europe the word is not much known; the French alternative is more common in the ROTW. Besides, the French word is much more recogniseable for speakers of other languages. "Bahn" is not at all clear outside of the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) My theory is that someone sometime thought the pattern looked like a tow truck lifting mechanism? (and missed the highway connotation, remember there were two entirely separate names). While we are considering a change, I'd actually like to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) Why "Tow"? What set it came in shouldn't have any impact on how you name it. I think "Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder with Autoroute Pattern" seems quite appropriate. --Bill. (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) (URL)and (...) (URL)the same? They look like it, but they have dramatically different (...) Minifig Torso with Autoroute Pattern[2] (...) Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder with tow logo pattern[3] (...) No idea why 4209p05, but it predates the Torso (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) Yeah, these are the same, and they should have the same pattern-name. How about "Autoroute Tow Logo Pattern"? (...) Right. I'm not clear why 4209p05 *is* p05, but it's not a big enough deal to do a renumber on it. (...) I dunno. Chris, what (...) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Autoroute!=Towing, right?

(...) Hi Thomas, I think the patterns are the same, but the difference may perhaps be explained by the origin of each part: The first is from an early-eighties set, with the common blue background associated to the autoroute (highway, motorway, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Autoroute!=Towing, right?

Are the patterns on (URL) same? They look like it, but they have dramatically different names[1]: Minifig Torso with Autoroute Pattern[2] Hose Reel 2 x 4 x 2 Holder with tow logo pattern[3] The first suggests that it's a picture of a highway, while (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: 3867 Baseplate 16 x 16 with Island Pattern

(...) Please mind your language.... I'm not Santa! :-) Klaas (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: 3867 Baseplate 16 x 16 with Island Pattern

Thanks for this information, Klaus! (...) Ooo. There's two different parts, right there. (...) OK, so the exact placement is not important. That's good to know, in general. Steve (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: 3867 Baseplate 16 x 16 with Island Pattern

No confusion needed, just sloppy work of the L.factory. I own about 25 of these plates, both the ones with full print on grey plate, and the ones with just Island print (yellow+green) on blue plate. Almost none of the plates are exactly identical, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: 3867 Baseplate 16 x 16 with Island Pattern

Okay, great confusion here. . . When assembling the two larger (6265 and 6260) of my four Pirate sets, I was suprised to see that TLC had used the same pattern on two 16x16 baseplates, but placed it differently. One basplate has the pattern almost a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: When Did Tiles Get Their Groove?

(...) I have heard reliable reports of recently opened MISB sets from 1973 and 1976 without and with grooves, respectively. I think that narrows down the time frame for the addition of the groove (to nongrille tiles). It would be good to narrow it (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Part 21

(...) That's it. Thanks! (...) What's this? -- TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Part 21

Thomas, There's a hint on the last page of the instructions you linked to. It shows another vechile: (URL) that the part you are looking for? I have that piece; the base is almost square, although the piece is hollow. The curved one in your original (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Part 21

Does anyone know where part 21: Windscreen 2 x 4 x 1 & 2/3 (URL) I thought it was the windscreen in set 480 (URL) that winscreen is clearly rounded outward far enough that it would not fit in the footprint of a 2x4 brick, while part 21 looks like it (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Treads

(...) Ah, ambiguous "which". I was asking to know which of the two treads to put in my inventory of 8539---I guessed x203, because the size looked close (about 4--5 studs on the semimajor when loosely draped), and it is in a smaller Makuta set. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact