 Color / 311
Re: play on (why yes I will)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 15:54:49 GMT

In lugnet.color, Paulo Renato wrote:

   Justin,

I for sure would like *you* to put the adult into AFOL and get over that some people can’t get over it!

Who are you anyway? The Guardian of The TRUTH? The Mighty Wisdom Incarnated in thy Man? What’s your problem man? And who are you to categorize other people choices and wills? Who are you to say that Matthew hobby is not a hobby, but a fetish; that he needs another hobby and insinuate that he might not be an Adult? Who are you?

I’m someone who is annoyed by the fact that some people claim severe emotional distress due to a well-thought-out and rational adult decision to change old mud gray colors to a brighter, less-prone-to-fading set of gray colors. I should not have to point out the fact that TLC is in a very competetive market and frequently adjusts their product line in order to compete. I should also not have to point out that input from AFOLs on this sort of process is close to or at zero, being that AFOLs are a trivial (yet highly vocal) segment of the market.

Legos are a hobby for me, not the very basis of my self-worth. Fellow hobbyists who behave otherwise are quite tiresome.

   No, don’t need your answer. I know perfeclty who you are. I know you well, indeed. And that’s why i’m ashamed for being human now and then.

As much as you may enjoy pretending to do so, you don’t know me at all.