 Color / 287
Re: play on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 05:17:53 GMT

In lugnet.color, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   everyone step aside as we get to see the founder of lugnet act like a child! whoo-wee!

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

But being childlike in our approach to life can be very very good, you know. As long as what’s meant by childlike is that sense of wonder, the openness to new ideas, desire for having fun and for constructive play, and that general joy of being alive that a happy, well adjusted child exhibits.

I’ve seen our founder when he’s like that. It’s a state I aspire to myself. We all should, in my view.

However...

Being childlike can *also* mean not being willing to listen to reason, not being willing to accept reality as it is, being petulant, calling names, throwing tantrums, spurning nice things that are done for you, saying hurtful things that aren’t really meant, and in general acting like a spoiled brat.

Which behaviour pattern is being exhibited here in this newsgroup? And when are you proudest of your children?

Seek your own answers. They are out there to be found.