Re: Realm portals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 04:19:40 GMT

I guess it all depends on the Magic that the local Wizard /Wizardess knows ...
eh ? its transportation after all..easier on the horses ... : )
   John

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Wilson Raska writes:
I have a question for everyone interested in Castle World.  I've been reading
recently about RDP's (Revolving Door Portals) and was wondering if that was
decided to be the "official" portal, or if we could make our own portals and
have them be compatible with the RDP's?  Any feedback is welcome.

Oh, certainly! Anything goes. Craig first suggested the RDPs as a solution for
the apparent distance problem - that the realms would be supposedly far apart
and the m-fs would not be able to "physically" travel these large distances.
The name RDP is just that - a name. The way an RDP looks like or works is
totally open for the author to decide, and each one might be different! In
fact, it's more interesting that way (IMHO).

HTH,
-Shiri
XFUT .castle.org.cw