 Castle / 819
Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:45:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Paul Davidson writes:
I've been reading with interest some of the threads about how almost all the
Lego minifigs, especially Lego, are action-oriented (soldiers and stuff),
and how few "normal folk" there are.  I guess Lego is assuming that kids
would find these boring.

That's funny, because as a kid, my favourite theme was Castle and my
favourite two minifigs were the blacksmith guy and the peasant with the
brown cape on his front and the dark hood.  I think he came as the driver of
some kind of wagon.  Their uniqueness and "normalcy" made them the heroes of
my castle stories, while the knights and soldiers were just faces in the
crowd.

And then when the forestmen came along (another fresh gust of uniqueness),
my peasant became their spy in the castles as he delivered the daily
provisions.  Woohoo!

I agree that there should be more mundane characters available or at least
parts (body parts too) to make our own.  I always had more fun putting
ordinary people in extraordinary situations as a child, it offered more role-
play ability.  My favorite characters are Majisto (not too ordinary), the Dark
Forest men, and the peasants I made out of my Star Wars mini-figs.  They
remind me of my favorite book, "The Hobbit" by the master J.R.R. Tolkien
himself.
Speaking of which, we have Dragons (black & green), Rock Monsters (Stone
Golems!!!!), Snakes, Cats, Horses, Monkeys, Falcons, Spiders, Scorpions soon
we will see strange bi-pedal beasts and white bears.  What is next?  I want
goblins!!!
LEGO completes me,
Aaron