 Castle / 818
817  |  819
Subject:
ordinery vs. action minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:32:45 GMT

I've been reading with interest some of the threads about how almost all the
Lego minifigs, especially Lego, are action-oriented (soldiers and stuff),
and how few "normal folk" there are.  I guess Lego is assuming that kids
would find these boring.

That's funny, because as a kid, my favourite theme was Castle and my
favourite two minifigs were the blacksmith guy and the peasant with the
brown cape on his front and the dark hood.  I think he came as the driver of
some kind of wagon.  Their uniqueness and "normalcy" made them the heroes of
my castle stories, while the knights and soldiers were just faces in the
crowd.

And then when the forestmen came along (another fresh gust of uniqueness),
my peasant became their spy in the castles as he delivered the daily
provisions.  Woohoo!

--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman

www.theforce.net |  Your Daily Dose of Star Wars