 Castle / 5894
    Re: Making Pikes —Tony A. Rowe
   (...) weapon", (...) Prior to the Edo period, the Naginata was a weapon used on the battlefields by samurai. The Edo period was relatively peaceful, and women of samurai families were trained with the Naginata. This is where the tradition of women (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Naginatas and George Lucas (was Re: Making Pikes) —Tony A. Rowe
     (...) families (...) I've done some research and found some more information. I quote the following: Women, usually of high-rank, were allowed an education and training in martial arts. It was not considered unusual for clan princesses to be taught (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Making Pikes —Eric Joslin
   (...) To be clear, I didn't say *I* referred to the Naginata disparagingly as a "woman's weapon". I am quite aware of the damage one of these things can do in the wrong hands. For more information, play Kyoshiro in Samurai Showdown III on the Sony (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)