 Castle / 5260

Subject:
question..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:42:22 GMT

Ahh, yes, Castle legos... What better medium for us kids at heart to build our
dreams on a coffee table.  However, I just wish the figures lent themselves
more to realistic posing.  In particular, I would like to know if anyone has
found a way to manipulate the minifigs in such a way to make it look like their
swords were sheathed at their side.  I've tried many things with no luck.
Anyone else have a bright idea?

Re: question..
Ahh, yes, Castle legos... What better medium for us kids at heart to build our
dreams on a coffee table.  However, I just wish the figures lent themselves
more to realistic posing.  In particular, I would like to know if anyone has
found a way to manipulate the minifigs in such a way to make it look like
their
swords were sheathed at their side.  I've tried many things with no luck.
Anyone else have a bright idea?

Well, it's easy to make it appear that the sword is sheathed and the knight is
"resting his hand on the pommel":

Take the minifig, and be sure that the hand is in its "normal" position:
C-shaped from above, curved edges down.

Place the sword in his hand pointing *down* (as though he was going to stab
someone, as opposed to slash them).

You'll find as you rotate the arm downwards, there's a point at which the sword
rests near the hip of the 'fig.

eric

Re: question..