 Castle / 5258
Re: Note On Huge Model Design: Masada and other Ancient
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:32:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:

I *cannot wait* to see your version of Masada (we add an s but I'll forgive
you ;-)

I knew this would get someone's attention. (;

It's a lot of bricks!  'Wait' is a short word for it!  And if I only build the
northern tip it will be massive, but the minifigs will have a fine view from
above.

I hope to see it for myself someday. Recently I picked up a discarded copy of
Josephus, and one thing led to another. I've been a Masada buff for a long
time, since the TV miniseries was produced about 1981.  I found this glossy
book of Yigael Yadin, who led the archeological expedition in 1963, it has been
most helpful with diagrams.

Yellow bricks I think will be the main ingredient for the rock. I'm
experimenting with 2 colors. The palace will have white bricks, for plaster,
but also red and green panels on the walls inside. I wonder if anybody knows
about the roof or if I get to invent it?